Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Teacher Research

I really liked this article. I wish I would have been keeping a journal for my entire teaching career. I see so many things I want to observe. For instance I notice when I play music in my classroom I can elicit different responses from my kids based on the genre of music I play. Enya calms people down. Beastie Boys revs them up. I also understood about her reference to her mistakces. Sometimes when I make a mistake I joke it off. Sometimes we all really learn from my mistakes. Research from observations is so much more effective than research done in a dank library.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I think we need to look at our mistakes as opportunities. Sometimes, this is tough to do, but we owe it to ourselves and our students. Thank goodness you are able to keep your humor through it.

I agree with you on the importance of keeping a journal. Maybe, blogging it is the answer?