Monday, June 4, 2007

The Green Stone

I think the stone in the story represents hopes and dreams. In my life as a teacher, my green stone is my intentions for my students. I spend a great deal of time editing my student's work. I don't think I help them a whole lot though. I want them to grow as writers and learn about writing. I think writing does matter. It is not my favorite thing to do though.
I want my students to develop the skills they need in order to feel comfortable enough to write without feeling anxiety. I am not to that point yet myself.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

It is my hope that you are able to gain ideas on empowering your students to revise on their own and for one another. I think this is an important skill to learn for everyone at stake.

I agree. "Grading" papers is not my favorite think, but journeying with my students from prewriting through revision is exciting....as long as I feel like I'm not doing all the work.

Thank you for your thoughts.