Saturday, July 14, 2007

NWP Mr. Blau

I knew little about the philosophy of the National Writing Project before reading this article. Now, not only do I have to worry about regular sin in my life, I have to worry about the sin of not fulfilling the National Writing Project ideals. My guilt grows. But how else do I learn? I constantly go through “questioning and self-examination” a bout my teaching and whether or not it is relevant. I constantly agonize over whether or not I’ve done my best or have I simply made do. I want the best for my students.

I can see myself incorporating a great deal of what we learning in my classroom. I plan to share with my colleagues techniques of learned this summer. I hope I will be able to impart to them the value the writing instead of only the final product

When Mr. Blau opines “we continue to teach every year with equal anticipation because we are hoping to finally get it right” I completely understand what he speaks about. Every year I plan some different lessons and learning acitivities to perhaps get to the “ heart of the matter” I’m sure this year, when school begins, I will be a little bit closer to the ideal. I’m looking forward to it.

No comments: