I was going to be flippant, but somehow that doesn't seem right now. This song reminds me of when Stefanie left home to go to college. I loved my little family. To me it was perfect. We had the exact mix and I was completely unready for her to leave home. I felt a little betrayed. Not by her but by time. How could the time have passed so quickly. What did this mean for me now? I had spent my entire early adult life being a mom and learning how to do that. I felt like I had wiped away all of her tears faced her fears and she still had all of me. Yet, I had to let her go.
One day just before she left home to go to college, I was in my car driving from Grapevine to Arlington. I was listening to the radio. I can't remember the song that was playing, but I heard these words, "She was mine before she was yours. You don't own her. You GET to be in her life. Let her go." I started crying and praying and driving all at the same time. At that moment, I understood a little about what I had to do. I had to put my motherhood on the altar like Isaac was.
It was tough and I can't say it has ever been easy. I love my people and I want everyone to be in the same place at the same time. That is one reason that I can't wait to get to heaven. To be with Jesus and the rest of my people.
Monday, August 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment