Sunday, December 6, 2009

My Favorite Christmas Things (If Stefanie can post, so can I)!!!!!

Everything You Always Wanted To Know About How We Celebrate Christmas

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Tracy loves Egg Nog and Hot Chocolate. I would have to say I love Hot Chocolate - but not too much. It kind of burns my tongue and makes me a little nauseous (or is it nauseated? I can never remember).

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Oh they are most definitely unwrapped. It’s so much more exciting that way! Besides, the bows would surely get crushed in his over-stuffed sack.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like colored lights on other people's houses. It gives me great pleasure to look at beautiful lights. Stefanie's and Matt's house and Christie's and Brandon's house look especially beautiful this year.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. I like to look at it in trees.

5. When do you put your decorations up? I used to like them up on Thanksgiving, but I haven't decorated in years. It's no fun to put them up and take them down. It gives me little pleasure and lot of angst. Therefore, I don't do it. I'm much happier to look at other people's. Maybe I'll change my mind in a few years, but for now, this feels pretty good.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? dressing and cookies

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I loved being with my Gran and Pa and having Mom and Dad eating and having a nice day.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I never really believed in Santa. I know; I lived a warped childhood of my own making.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We opened all of our gifts on Christmas Eve. I don't know why.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? See above. When I did decorate, I used all of Stefanie's ornaments and ones I collected in series'.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love the look of it and how the light reflects in it, but I cannot stand being cold. If I can stay in and just watch it through a window - YEAH, but if I have to get out in it - yuck. It also makes me sad when it melts.

12. Can you ice skate? A little but no on purpose tricks.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I think this year will be my favorite. Tracy built me a pavilion for a our land. It protects us from the harsh sun and lets us have a place for everyone to gather. I am amazed at his brilliance. I also was truly surprised when he gave me my Volkswagen. It's one reason I don't want to get rid of it even though it has lots of problems.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family and friends and reflecting on the birth of our Savior.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? See #6.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? It used to be making Sefanie wait to come out and look at what Santa brought until Mom and Dad got there. Now, we are beginning new traditions.

17. What tops your tree? What tree? I used to use a China doll, but Tracy hated it.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I love to give gifts; I love receiving gifts. It's great when I can make someone happy. I love to think about them as I either make something or find the right thing.

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? My dad loves the really big ones.

20 Favorite Christmas Show? National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, Rudolph, Charlie Brown, White Christmas, Elf, Santa Clause 1, 2 3.

21. Saddest Christmas Song? I'll Be Home for Christmas

22. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Joy to the World and It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

No comments: